Nutella Cherry Hazelnut Fudge
Want something delicious to munch on for this Holiday season? Have a sweet tooth? Here’s the perfect treat for you: The Nutella cherry hazelnut fudge! Nutella gives this fudge a smooth texture and luscious nutty flavor. Add some hot chocolate to go with it and you will have the perfect holiday treat!
- Makes: 64 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 20 mins
- Cook 12 mins
- Chill 3 hrs to 4 hrs
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 14 – ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella®
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt flakes, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- Place the hazelnuts in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 250 degrees oven for 20 minutes until lightly toasted and the skins have cracked. Transfer the hazelnuts to a clean kitchen towel. Fold half of the towel over the top of the hazelnuts and roll them around gently to help remove the loosened skins. Transfer the skinned hazelnuts to a cutting board and chop coarsely.
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil. Butter the foil lightly; set aside. Set a heatproof bowl on a pot that has a few inches of simmering water (do not boil). In the bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, chocolate, chocolate-hazelnut spread, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat. Add the toasted hazelnuts and dried cherries to the bowl and fold in until evenly combined. Spread evenly into the prepared baking pan. Let cool a few minutes, then sprinkle lightly with additional sea salt. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Use the foil to lift the fudge from the pan. Remove and discard the foil. Use a large chef’s knife to slice the fudge into 64 1-inch squares. Store in an airtight container.